Monday, January 12, 2009

From the Simple Woman's Daybook for January 12


Outside my window... A bright sunny early afternoon sky with some clouds creeping in.


I am thinking... I need to get off my computer and fold laundry, pay bills, and straiten up. I need to find a schedule that i can adhere to in order to organize my day. I need to TURN THE TV OFF.


I am thankful for... Technology that not only gives me information and ideas at my fingertips, but also the opportunities to research things that i need to learn and the opportunity to keep in touch with family and friends with the click of a button. (Now i just have to be less technologically challenged and learn how to do things with the computer that i don't understand).


From the learning rooms... Rachel hasn't come home yet, but i am researching learning styles, grading diagnostic tests, and reviewing curriculum so i will be ready for her once we get the papers from the state that allow us to legally hs.


From the kitchen... The dishes are calling to me "Please wash us" the counters are screaming "please clear us off" and the fridge is begging to be cleaned out. I will get to them later.


I am wearing... Still in my p.j's (yes, it is early afternoon and i have accomplished NOTHING today (well, nothing physically, but Mentally...i am learning and researching)


I am creating... My blog. Still trying to figure it all out. But i like doing it.


I am going... To pick Rachel up from school when her school day is over. She no longer takes the bus-- after having an unfortunate vomiting experience in front of her peers, i just could not put her back on that bus. Why put her through that humiliation since she is coming home soon anyway.


I am reading... a variety of home schooling books and the fiction book Red, by Ted Dekker


I am hoping... to get all my work i mentioned above done before kids get home from school.


I am hearing... Dr. Phil on my TV and my dog Stanley snoring next to me on the couch.


Around the house... Not much going on right now. Pretty quiet except the click of my computer keys and the above mentioned noises. Pretty boring.


One of my favorite things... my CLEAN house (which it is not at the moment, but i am working up the desire to get it that way as soon as i am done here)


A few plans for the rest of the week: Start on a new schedule, First day of school for me is Wednesday--I'll be there from 1-9 cause i have one class in the afternoon (Theories of Counseling from 2-4) and one class at night (Political Science from 6-9) i am excited to start learning again and i love getting out of the house one whole day a week.


Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Thinking of warmer days and how i love my hubby (this is us at the beach last summer in Rehobeth)

To find out how to blog about your day, go to The simple womans daybook by following this link:
Off to clean the house.
This afternoon:
I'm thankful for my home
I'm thankful for my laptop
I'm thankful I can go to college at my leisure

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you write! I can visualize your surroundings and it makes me feel closer to you. The Courses you are taking sound very interesting! Two other comments: 1.Rachel is blessed to have a mommie like you. 2. That is a great picture of you and Steve!

    ReplyDelete