Thursday, January 8, 2009

My first blog

So i am sitting here relaxing and i decided to start a blog for myself to write down my thoughts and daily happenings (or at least as much as i remember). So i created my blog, which for me is a huge deal since i am so technologically chanllenged!! But, I'm giving it a go cause it looks like fun and is a great outllet. Now i'm sitting here on the couch while hubby watches football and my dd watches me type. It occurs to me that i don't know what to say and i don't want to appear foolish to anybody who may read this. Then it occurs to me that this is my blog and i should write whatever i want, and those who love me will pretty much know what i'm trying to say, and those who don't know me well will probably not be reading it anyway. These are my thoughts about life- and my way to end each day trying to find the silver lining in whatever life thows at me. I have seen that, no matter how difficult life seems, there is ALWAYS some silver lining. There has to be. I know this because i believe with all my heart that the Bible is the unwavering word of God. In the Bible, God says that "All things work together for good for those that love the Lord...". Well, i love the Lord and i truly believe that, even if i can't see it now, everything that happens works out for the good. For my good, or my childrens good, or somebody's good. Finding the silver lining can be hard some times, but it is ALWAYS there. I just need to look for it.

Today, i am thankful that i have a car.

Today, i am thankful that i can choose how and where to educate my children.

Today, i am thankful that my hubby has a stable, decent paying job that allows me to stay home with the kids and also go to college.

There are so many things to be thankful for. Lord, help me to remain thankful for all that i have.

No comments:

Post a Comment