Sunday, October 11, 2009

An Update On My Friend Jon

I just got back from the hospital, where i spent about 8 hours, and thought i would update Jon's status. He got an MRI today, the doctor said it would be ok because the metal in his back is titanium. After waiting all day, we found out that Jon is bleeding in his brain. I'm not really sure what they plan on doing about it, because the results did not even come back until I was on my way home, about 8 o'clock pm. Jon was in good fairly good spirits today, but would tear up occasionally when he was reminded of something he didn't want to forget, such as the death of a friend and not being able to remember new friends when they came in to visit (he still does not remember anything before August of 2007, so any friends he made since then, he doesn't recognize them). So, continue to keep the Monroe family in your thoughts and prayers. I am trying to go down there again tomorrow and be there for Courtney as much as possible, especially if Jon needs some type of surgery. Thankfully, Rachel has the day off tomorrow (her school calendar follows Appoquinimic School District calendar and they are off) and I am able to work out having the car for the day again.

Today, I am thankful for:
1. My supportive husband, who has been cooking dinner for the past week :-)
2. The health of my family
3. The ability to be there for my friend

1 comment:

  1. Dad and I will pray for Jon, for God's healing touch and for strength and comfort for Courtney. This is a difficult time for this family and I am so glad you could be there to lend a shoulder,listening ear and encouraging words. We will pray for you as well, that the Lord will continue to use you to be an arm of His Blessings to them. Love you!

    ReplyDelete