Saturday, March 23, 2013

Sunday Stealing

 
Today's meme is hosted by Mr. Lance over at Sunday Stealing. Since he is not feeling well enough to post a new sunday stealing this week, i chose to do last week's Sunday Stealing instead. You can find this meme here: http://sundaystealing.blogspot.com/2013/03/stealing-will-return-next-weekend.html
Have any memories that you’d like to forget?
PLENTY! Actually, i work hard to forget some pretty bad memories on a weekly basis. Most of these bad memories have to do with me being less than stellar as a wife and mom during times of deep depression that i suffered ten years ago. I have to believe that I can not change the past and so the best i can do is be the best wife and mom for the next ten years and not dwell on the past mistakes i have made and the past hurts i have suffered!

Is there someone you really like to hang out with and just talk about stuff?
My mom! We can talk for hours, and even though we pretty much have the same mind-set, she still has much more wisdom and experience than i do, so i enjoy listening to what she has to say and hear her take on things. Plus, she is fun to hang out with and makes me laugh and feel good about life in general!

Have you ever been called prince or princess?
Hmmm....actually, i can't remember being called princess.

Do you think teenagers are weird?
 Not at all! I think teenagers are living through some of the hardest times in their lives and are not often equipped to deal with the things that they face on a daily basis. They don't have the experience and wisdom that adults have, but still have to deal with adult situations. So, no, i think teens are brave, resilient, funny, frustrating, loving, sarcastic, and strong. But not weird.

How fast does your mood change?
Ugh! My moods change so fast that i have learned to NOT rely on how i FEEL at any given moment. If i feel anything very strongly, i have learned to wait a few hours and see if the feeling is still there. If it is, it needs to be dealt with. But often, the strong feeling that was killing me a few hours ago is gone or changes if i just wait a bit.

How are you feeling?
A bit restless. I have been feeling like i need to be doing SOMETHING. But most of the time i just feel bored. Unless i am at work, but that is only twice a week. The rest of the week i really need to come up with something more productive to do than cleaning house and watching tv and being on the computer.

Do you want someone to call you right now?
 No way, i hate the phone! In fact, i hardly ever even have mine near me and most of the times it's not even on, lol. I do like to Facebook chat though if that counts.

What do you always take with you?
Well, i usually take my purse, but as long as i have my sunglasses, my cigs, a lighter, and my license and debit card, i'm good. My purse has waaaaay more stuff in it, but most of it is not necessary. 

Is your bed comfortable?
NO WAY!! Our bed is sooooo old and there are people-sized "trenches" on each side, lol. Since my hubby snores, i spend many nights on the couch, which is even less comfortable than my uncomfortable bed. Needless to say, next time we come into some money, we need to buy a bed....and a couch!

Would you say you’re an understanding person?
I actually would. I really put a lot of effort into trying to understand the motives and/or ideas of other people whom i may not agree with....and even if i still don't agree, i pretty much just live and let live without trying to change their way of thinking OR feeling bad that my way of thinking is not the same. Unless of course there are issues of abuse..in which case, no,....i am not very understanding at all.

Are you generally a happy person?
Yes! I can say that I am :-) Mostly because i spent sooooo much of my life being an UNhappy person, that now i can see what happiness really looks like. Once i really understood that happiness is NOT dependent on my circumstances but more on an inner peace and confidence, I worked toward that end. And now, yes, things are not always great, but i can say that i am generally a happy person :-)

Who’s in your facebook profile picture with you?
Nobody but my camera, me, and a mirror, lol

Were you single on Valentines Day?
I've been married for over twenty years, so no i haven't been single on valentines day for a very long time. However, it is not my favorite "holiday" so we don't really make a big deal.

What is the last movie you watched?
 The last movie i watched in the theater was Les Mis i think. I didn't really like it. I saw The Hobbit and loved that! I haven't really seen that many movies lately at home.

Do you listen to songs when you’re done?
When i'm done what? lol, i don't get this question..if it's when i'm done watching the movie, than no...i beat a quick exit from the theater.

How long does it take you to fall asleep at night?
OMG, it takes me forever!!! I usually will lay down around ten, but don't really fall asleep till around 11:30 or so. About an hour and a half is normal for me to fall into a real sleep.

Are you talkative?
It depends on my mood. If i am in a good mood, yeah, i guess i am talkative. Or if i don't really know what to say than i just kind of babble. But if i'm in a pensive mood or listening to someone else being talkative, than no..i'm pretty quiet.

What are your St. Patty's day plans?
Well, since this is an old meme and St. Patty's day is over, it doesn't apply anymore, but no i had zero plans for St Patty's day because, like Valentine's day, we don't really celebrate it.

1 comment:

  1. Was pleased to see you writing on your blog again. Love you. Miss you, friend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete