Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year!!!!
A whole new year and a whole new decade!!
Last year was a great year for me, as was 2008 and part of 2007. But the rest of the past decade was not good at all. At. All. But, i have a very, very strong feeling that this decade is going to be the best decade for me. For the first 6 years of 2000, i was very, very depressed. It became a lifestyle for me, and i thought that would just be the way my life would be for the rest of my life. After going through a particularly horrible experience, i realized that most of the problems in my life were actually caused by the way that I reacted to certain situations. And so i made a conscious effort to change the way in which i reacted to those difficult situations. I decided that no one has to live my life but me, and that i was the only one who was standing in my way of becoming the person whom i wanted to be. It took a looooong time, but I faked it for about 4 or 5 months, and than slowly, reacting appropriately to unpleasant situations became the norm. It is not always easy, but now it always works out better than it used to. And that is not because the unpleasant situations have in any way changed. But i have. And the way that i react to them has. For me, it wasn't about needing medicine to make it all better. It was about focusing on being the person i wanted to be, no matter what else was going on around me. And that's what i have done. So...
This decade is gonna be the best one yet. I have heard that the 40's are way better than the 20's and 30's and i'm ready for it :) I will be graduating college in about 2 years and hopefully i will be getting a job in my field. However, i am prepared for the possibility that i may not be able to get a job in my field while living in the State of DE, and i'm mostly fine working at the local drugstore or something for a while until the time is right. Hopefully, sometime soon, withing the first half of this decade, we will be moving to Florida. That would be sweet. But, i also need to prepare myself for the possibility that God may not have that planned for us. I hope He does, but i have lived my life using my own desires and discretion long enough. It is time for me to find out what God desires for my life. That way, i know it will be the best life possible. Because He planned it all out for me before i was born, and i know that He knows best. It's all a matter of trust. That is something that i struggle with, but i'm learning.
I can't wait to see what He has in store.

Today i am thankful:
1. That God waits for us and gives us second and third (etc) chances
2. That we get to start over every day if we need to. That it's never too late to start over to be the person we were meant to be.
3. That we don't have to be perfect.
I hope everyone has a blessed new year.

4 comments:

  1. I am SO PROUD of you!! I love you so much and admire the woman you have become! Keep the faith sissy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo what your sister said..and I think you know how very proud we are of you and how much we love you. I like that you have learned that "faith"..without works..is a dead faith. Real faith is having the trust in God and in yourself to "work out" your salvation. In this case, meaning your lifestyle, decisions and choices. HE has a purpose for your life...and I believe you are on the path HE has chosen for you. Keep going! I love you much!! ps. So does Daddy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well my darling daughter, U have done it again. U R right on and we are DEFINITELY VERY PROUD of you. How cool will that be when you are working in your new field in Florida. We will pray that is in God's will. Maybe i am being selfish but it would be great to have both of my girls nearby. I love you and God is doing a mighty work in U! Love Dad. You also inspired me to write on my blog. Watch for the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great New Years Post!
    I am sure God will continue the work he is doing in your life. Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" I know this will be a great year and a I hope this will be a great decade for us both.

    ReplyDelete