Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Simple Woman's daybook for August 25




FOR TODAY August 25th

Outside my window...A beautiful, sunny day in the low 80's

I am thinking... I hope all the kids have a great first day of school, and i hope that I get off to the right start with Rachel and our first day at Hope and Truth academy. Then, i hope that i have a good first night of college classes, even though i don't even have the book i need for my first night because the book store had to order more. I don't like being unprepared.

I am thankful for...My husband, today is our 18th anniversary and I will be at school until 10pm, so he is going to make us a nice dinner to eat after I get home tonight. Sweetie.

From the learning rooms...today is our first day. Most of the day is review and getting used to our new schedule. I am still waiting for some curriculum to come in, but i did schedule the next 6 weeks into my planner. We may have a hard time sticking to a schedule, given that this year i scheduled each class for 45 minutes and whatever is not done will be "homework". We will see how that goes.

From the kitchen...Steven is making a late dinner for us. I hope he doesn't forget to feed the kids:)

I am wearing...Jeans and a green and white shirt, but i will need to shower, change and primp before i go to school at 5 tonight.

I am creating...Still doing some lesson plans for history and writing

I am going...To the library to pick up some books on Alexander the Great, to the bank, to the store, then to my school.

I am reading...The second book of the Left Behind series, Tribulation Force, and the Bible study book Lies Woman Believe

I am hoping...To not lose my energy today since i will be on the go from 6:30 am to 10:30 pm

I am hearing...Rachel finishing up her math lesson and asking to go on a walk for Gym today

Around the house...Little messy, little clean. Not horrible, not great

One of my favorite things...Being tired after a busy, well-spent day.

A few plans for the rest of the week:School tonight and tomorrow night, homework, finish lesson planning, more organizing, Bible study on Thursday, Church on Sunday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... My dog Stanley when he was a puppy. Right now i feel so bad for him, because he has a "hot spot" on his tailbone which is causing him much itching and distress. I'm going to have to bring him to the vet next week because he is tearing himself up :( poor puppy!





If you want to blog about your day, you can go to the simple woman's daybook blog at: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Today, i am thankful for:
1. New beginnings for everybody
2. My husband
3. Caffeine and Ginsing ;)
4. I just got a call from my school book store telling me they got my missing book in. I'll pick it up before class. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment