Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'll Take Busy and Tired Over Bored and Lonely Any Day

Well, it has been about a week since my last post. I had originally planned to post much more often when i first started this blog, but i don't seem to have much time. It seems my days go by so quickly, the week is gone when i blink. I do like staying busy, but i really need to make a schedule or something because i need to do so many things that never seem to get done. This week I was so busy that it was Tuesday before i started my paper for Theories class and began studying for my Political Science test. Remember, i have class on Wednesday, so i really did not give myself enough time. There i was on Tuesday, crabby with the kids and neglecting the housework because i had to do a whole paper and study for a big test for the next day. Not good. I had planned to start that work over the past weekend, but i did not. Saturday i was busy with the kids and Sunday i was busy with Church (and the kids) and Monday i went to my girlfriend Debbie's house. There was just no more time left, unless i didn't sleep. Sometimes i wish that we did not require sleep cause we could get so much more done. And lately i have been soooooooo tired. I mean like walking through quick-sand tired. I bought some B vitamins, ginsing, folic acid and green tea tonight to try to get more energy. I hope it helps.

Anyway, it turns out that I aced the test and only half of the paper was due, so I am now ahead of the game. But, i really, really need to get on some kind of schedule.

From 2005-2007 I had no car, no family or friends around, no neighbors, and my kids were in school all day so i did nothing else but pretty much watch t.v. from 8 in the a.m. till 4 in the p.m. Those are NOT happy times for me, and i am ashamed to even writed how i spent my day, but i do write it because even though i am busy and tired all the time, at least i am not living the kind of life (if that is what you can call it) that i was. And for that I am extremely thankful. I got a car, started going to school and church, got back in touch with my friends, and started schooling my daughter. Talk about going from one extreme to another, but that is very typical for me. I would definately choose busy and tired over depressed, lonely and bored. Thank you Lord for healing me.
So, tonight i am thankful for:

1) The exhaustion i feel at the end of a busy day

2) A good night sleep

3) Hope for the future

No comments:

Post a Comment