Friday, July 24, 2009

The Continuing Car Saga

Just so my friends and family don't think i dropped off the face of the earth, i thought i should post something. Not much of anything has been going on around here, it's a very boring summer. Matthew has been hanging out with his friends alot and also working at Mcdonalds for the past week. He is still training and working 9 to 1 but he got his first paycheck for the first two days and he feels good knowing he has some money in his pocket. Erin has been working about 20 hours a week and is training her brother. The annual Middletown carnival has been here for the past week and the older kids have been up there every night that they are not working. Thankfully, the carnival is right up the hill, so they can walk there and back. Rachel and i have been mostly sitting around watching movies and reading books. This weekend she is with a friend for a couple days, and i am sure it is a relief for her to get out of the house. I took her to the carnival on Wednesday and we had a really good time.
Today, i just started really looking for a car for us. It is soo hard to not have a car around, but i am nervous that i will pick a lemon. Thankfully, my dad called last night and gave me some advice and determination to start looking hard for the right car for us. So, for the next couple of days i am going to see what the dealers have on sale on-line and in the paper and then car-fax the VIN numbers to see what is good. Then, i will send the information of some of my favorites to my dad's e-mail and he can help me weed through them. On Tuesday, Steve is off so we will be able to go looking at the ones i have picked out. Hopefully within the next week or two we will have a car. I need to pray to my Heavenly Father to help me pick out the right one. If it was up to me, i would put the money we have down on the 2006 Mustang i saw and finance the rest for 209 dollars a month for 5 and 1/2 years ;) .......just kidding, i am smarter than that.....but what a GOREGEOUS car!!! One day i will have that car, but now is not the right time. I am sooooooo thankful that we have enough money to even buy an older used car at this point. I just pray that i will pick the best one and NOT a lemon. I'm so nervous about making a wrong decision that i kind of froze for a couple days. But, thanks to that phone call from my dad, i'm on fire again to go out there and start looking for the One for us.
So, that is about all that has been going on over here. The Great Car Saga. Once that saga is over, i will be very excited to start school, homeschool, honor society planning and bible studies again. I'm sure in a few months i will be exhausted from a hectic, busy schedule. But, as i have posted here before, i would rather be tired and busy than bored and lonely. Thank you Lord that i have the opportunity to get the car we will need to keep up with our upcoming hectic schedules!! I will try to post again soon about the continuing Car Saga.

Today i am thankful for:
1. My Dad
2. Steve's van and how faithful it's been even though it has not been taken care of as it should be
3. My husband who just came back from a business trip. Absence does make the heart grow fonder.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post Michele,
    Hope you are feeling better and will be at church tomorrow. I missed you last week.

    I will be praying for your car choice and I know the Lord will be faithful to answer and help you find just the right car for you at a price you can afford.

    I hope we will be able to get together soon. We start school this coming week, the 27th. I am mostly ready. I have some more History to plan but not the stuff we will be doing at the beginning. I still need to make up a schedule/list of subjects and get the assignment sheets and School Log sheets ready. I was hoping to have tomorrow off to relax and have some fun. I have been working, working, working, and our summer vacation has gone all to fast. I am mentally ready to start school though and am determined that this will be a great year and that I will depend on the Lord to get us through.

    Hope to see you tomorrow,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear - I am so glad that i was able to at least help a little to encourage you. You are doing great and i know that you will be wise in choosing the right car. Remember that all things work together for good to those that love the Lord. Luv ya, Dad.

    ReplyDelete